Rodney King's life in Calif. marked by long line of run-ins with police
King died Sunday of an apparent drowning at his home
By Melissa Pinion-Whitt
San Bernardino County Sun
RIALTO, Calif. — Rodney King's life in the Inland Empire was marked by a long line of run-ins with law enforcement.
For a time, King, who died of an apparent drowning at age 47 on Sunday at his Rialto home, lived in Upland right next to the Police Department.
He also spent time in Fontana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend