Rodney King's life in Calif. marked by long line of run-ins with police
King died Sunday of an apparent drowning at his home
By Melissa Pinion-Whitt
San Bernardino County Sun
RIALTO, Calif. — Rodney King's life in the Inland Empire was marked by a long line of run-ins with law enforcement.
For a time, King, who died of an apparent drowning at age 47 on Sunday at his Rialto home, lived in Upland right next to the Police Department.
He also spent time in Fontana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court