Ga. officer kills gunman during traffic stop
A man with an outstanding arrest warrant pulled a gun and shot the driver of the car in which he was a passenger
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
CLAYTON, Ga. — Police say man pulled a weapon during late-night traffic stop.
A man was shot and killed by police late Wednesday during a traffic stop in Clayton County after police said the man pulled a gun and shot the driver of the car in which he was a passenger.
The bizarre chain of events began about 10:45 p.m. when Clayton County police officers stopped a 2009 Toyota Corolla on Mount Zion Road near Tara Boulevard.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. officer kills gunman during traffic stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds