2 cruisers hit in Mass. crashes; 1 trooper injured
Two Massachusetts state police cruisers have been struck by other vehicles in separate overnight highway crashes
The Lowell Sun
RANDOLPH, Mass. — Two Massachusetts state police cruisers have been struck by other vehicles in separate overnight highway crashes.
State police said a trooper was taken to a hospital with minor injuries early Tuesday after another vehicle plowed into the back of his cruiser in the westbound lanes of the Massachusetts Turnpike in Newton. The trooper was working a paid construction detail.
The other car flipped over and firefighters extricated the driver, who was hospitalized.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help