Ohio police kill suspect after officer is stabbed
Woman reported that her husband had beaten her, suspect attacked first officer who came into garage
By Spencer Hunt
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A Columbus police officer shot and killed a domestic-violence suspect after the man stabbed him in a Hilltop garage yesterday, police said.
The officer, whose name was not released, was stabbed twice shortly after 4 a.m. in the 200 block of Belvidere Avenue. He was taken to Grant Medical Center, where he was treated for puncture wounds in his shoulders and released.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court