Police: Mass. man punched boy, sprayed blood at trooper
Suspect pulled his IV out and aimed the blood squirting from his arm at a trooper
By Andrew Amelinckx
The Berkshire Eagle
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Richmond man accused of punching an 11-year-old in the head and later attempting to squirt his own blood at a state trooper was released on $2,000 personal surety after his arraignment Tuesday in Central Berkshire District Court.
Jeffrey A. Harrington, 53, pleaded not guilty to two counts of assault and battery and single counts of assault with a dangerous weapon — his blood — and disorderly conduct.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help