P1 Photo of the Week: Haunted by a '62 shootout
This week's photo comes from Ron Cole, who writes: "This is a 1961 Plymouth Sacramento Sheriff’s Department squad car that I had kept as my own while I was a resident deputy. I loaned it to another officer and he took it out and teamed up with a newer officer, and got into a high speed chase of a gun-waving bar drunk. The suspect opened fire, mortally wounding the passenger officer. The passenger was left handed, drew, and fired two shots killing the offender. This occurred in 1962, and it still bothers me sometimes in the middle of the night."
Calling all police photographers! PoliceOne needs pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo — it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you — Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests