Underage alcohol sting nets trunk full of firearms
20-year-old had modified sniper rifle, other weapons; arrested for OUI, other charges may be pending
By KFMB-TV Staff
Via Associated Press
SAN DIEGO — A 20-year-old San Diego State student faces charges after officers discovered a cache of firearms in the trunk of his car.
KFMB-TV reports ( http://bit.ly/QN7jpO) David Robert Moore III initially attracted the attention of undercover officers Friday night while they were conducting a sting targeting minors trying to buy alcohol at a shopping center.
When Moore opened the trunk of his white Honda Civic, two officers noticed what appeared to be military-grade weapons inside. They found nine guns, including a modified sniper rifle, a pistol and a rifle.
A military knife was also discovered.
Moore was given a field sobriety test and arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
Police say he could also face charges for the weapons.
Information from: KFMB-TV, http://www.kfmb.com/
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house