NY State police mourn loss of retired cop
Fatal car accident leaves colleagues reminiscing the veteran's career
By Arianna MacNeill
WESTVILLE, N.Y. — The law enforcement community is mourning the loss of Tony Bailey, a retired member of the New York State Police who died in a car accident Monday morning on state Route 37 in Westville.
Malone-based state police said in a release Mr. Bailey, 49, was driving a 2012 Chevrolet in the northbound lane when he crossed over the center line and was hit head-on by a 2012 Volvo tractor trailer driven by Michael A. Bono, 45, of Central Square. Westville Fire and EMS assisted at the accident scene. Mr. Bailey was taken to Alice Hyde Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Mr. Bono was treated for minor injuries and released.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY State police mourn loss of retired cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms