Video: Ohio officer hit by van trying to stop suicidal driver
Officer was trying to use a tire deflation device to stop a suicidal driver
Dayton Daily News
DAYTON, Ohio — A Dayton police officer was in stable condition Tuesday night after he was struck by a minivan while trying to deploy a tire deflation device to stop another vehicle.
The intersection of Salem and Philadelphia avenues was blocked for hours after the incident, which occurred at approximately 6:20 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help