Constable killed in single-vehicle crash
The 78-year-old army veteran was pronounced dead at the scene
Duty Death: John D. Manuel - [Oberlin, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
KINDER, La. — A constable was killed in a single-vehicle automobile accident Wednesday when his patrol car left the roadway and struck several trees, according to ODMP.
John D. Manuel, 78, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Manuel was a U.S. Army and U.S. Merchant Marines veteran and had served as the elected constable for Allen Parish's Ward 1 for 10 ten years.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help