Constable killed in single-vehicle crash
The 78-year-old army veteran was pronounced dead at the scene
Duty Death: John D. Manuel - [Oberlin, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
KINDER, La. — A constable was killed in a single-vehicle automobile accident Wednesday when his patrol car left the roadway and struck several trees, according to ODMP.
John D. Manuel, 78, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Manuel was a U.S. Army and U.S. Merchant Marines veteran and had served as the elected constable for Allen Parish's Ward 1 for 10 ten years.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house