Career crook killed robbing undercover NY police
The well-known robber pulled a pellet-gun on two plainclothes cops before being shot
By Kirstan Conley , Larry Celona and Selim Algar
The New York Post
QUEENS — Two undercover cops fatally shot a crook in Queens Saturday night after he pointed a pellet gun at them as they arrested a drug dealer, police sources said.
'They're cops, you idiot!" the drug dealer bellowed to Victor Santos, 42, who didn't realizing that his two marks were actually plainclothes police officers involved in a drug buy-and-bust operation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Career crook killed robbing undercover NY police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests