FBI: Officer deaths up last two years
72 officers were killed criminally in 2011, highest number since 1995, say statistics
By Mark Govaki
Dayton Daily News
DAYTON, Ohio — New FBI statistics show that 72 law enforcement officers were killed criminally in the line of duty in 2011, making it the highest number of police deaths nationally since 1995.
The numbers rose from 41 in 2008 to 48 in 2009 to 56 in 2010
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI: Officer deaths up last two years
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman