SUV crashes into Mass. police department entrance
The fire department responded to the scene and used a Jaws of Life extrication tool to remove the driver from the vehicle
HOLYOKE — A sport utility vehicle crashed into the front entrance way of the Holyoke Police Department at 138 Appleton St. at about 10:30 Saturday night, Holyoke police said.
The vehicle, a green 1997 GMC Jimmy, lay on its side following the accident. According to police, the Holyoke Fire Department responded to the scene and used a Jaws of Life extrication tool to remove the driver from the vehicle.
The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, police said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend