2 Texas cops injured in DWI crash
While arresting a driver for an apparent DWI, the officers were hit by a second drunk driver
By PoliceOne Staff
CARROLLTON, Texas — Two officers were injured Sunday morning when their patrol cars were hit by a vehicle after they stopped to investigate a possible DWI.
Three officers in two cruisers had stopped and arrested a driver and placed him in the back of a cruiser, when a second vehicle crashed into the back of the patrol car, according to CBS-DFW.
Two officers and the first DWI suspect were injured, as well as the driver of the second vehicle, who was also suspected of a DWI.
All four were transported to a hospital with minor injuries. The officers have been released, and the suspects are expected to recover without issue, according to the article.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court