Video: Texas robber shoots police from getaway van
The trial for the getaway driver started Wednesday in the shooting that left an officer and civilian injured
By Kevin Quinn
HOUSTON — New video has just been released of a bank robbery and chase near Sugar Land more than two years ago because the alleged getaway driver involved in that robbery and shootout went on trial Wednesday.
The getaway driver in those bank robberies has now been convicted. Prosecutors played video in court of that chase, which ended with a deputy and a civilian hurt, and a suspect dead.
In May of 2010, Fort Bend Co. Sheriff's Deputy Charlie Scott was chasing bank robbery suspects who had just held up a Bank of America near Highway 59 and Highway 99 south of Sugar Land.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert