Freezing temps in NY lead to 9 days without murder
The murder-free streak ties the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy last year as the longest in recent memory, said NYPD officials
By Jessica Simeone and Jamie Schram
The New York Post
NEW YORK — They must have frostbite on their trigger fingers.
The deep freeze that has New Yorkers shivering in their boots has been a crime-fighting blessing for the NYPD — and as of midnight had given the city a nine-day streak without a murder, law-enforcement sources told The Post.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help