Texas officer shot 3 times leaves hospital
He lost a finger on his left hand, still can't see out of his right eye and has months of rehabilitation ahead of him
By Lari Barager
Fox 4 - Dallas
FORT WORTH, Texas — The Fort Worth police officer who was shot at an auto repair shop in Haltom City was released from the hospital Thursday.
Motorcycle Officer Johnny Bell was with two other uniformed Fort Worth officers at the auto repair shop on Carson Street and Highway 121 on Jan. 29 when a suspect that Haltom City police were chasing came by.
Bell was shot in the hip, hand and eye. He has been hospitalized since the incident.
Full Story: Officer John Bell released from hospital
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house