Mich. officer shot in ambush, 2 robbery suspects in custody
The officer was shot in the leg which searching for men who reportedly were impersonating police
Detroit Free Press
DETROIT — A Michigan State Police trooper is expected to recover after being shot in the leg while searching for suspected robbers on Detroit's east side Monday, according to investigators.
Police arrested two suspects and searched Monday for two more, State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said.
"As the troopers entered one of the houses, they were fired on by the suspects," Shaw said. "One of the troopers — a 12-year veteran — was struck in the leg. He was transported to Detroit Receiving Hospital. He's currently doing fine. No other officers were injured."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help