2 Md. officers injured by drunk driver
The troopers were completing paper work from another accident with their flashers on when a vehicle slammed into them
COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Two Maryland State troopers are recovering from injuries they received after a drunk driver hit their marked patrol car early Friday morning, police said.
Officials say the troopers were both assigned to the College Park Barrack, and are identified as Trooper First Class Manuel Moreno, 42, a four year veteran and Trooper John Cabrera, 34, a three year veteran.
According to officials, both Maryland State Troopers were on the side of the road in the area of Sandy Springs Road in Prince George's County, Md., investigating a separate accident when the driver of a 2001 Pontiac Sunbird, Arcenia D. Macklin, 48, hit the troopers.
Officials say Arcenia Macklin has been charged with driving under the influence and for violating the move over law.
Both troopers were taken to Prince George's Hospital and are being treated for non life threatening injuries.
Reprinted with permission from WUSA 9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help