2 Ohio officers injured, suspect dead after shootout
The officers pulled the suspect over, but before they could get out of their vehicle, the suspect allegedly got out of his car and started shooting
MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio — Two police officers in Middlefield, Ohio, shot and killed a man who allegedly fired at them with an assault rifle during a routine traffic stop, officials said.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. Sunday in Middlefield, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds