Calif. officer shot at traffic stop
The driver opened fire on the officer at a traffic stop, striking him several times
By PoliceOne Staff
FULLERTON, Calif. — An officer was shot multiple times during a traffic stop Sunday morning.
The officer, who has not been identified, was wearing a protective vest, and is expected to recover, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Two suspects were taken into custody in connection with the incident.
Marcos Bush, 29, is an active gang member and has a lengthy arrest record that includes robbery, aggravated assault and carjacking, according to KTLA. He was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, Fullerton police said.
Sjanee R. Duhart, 27, was in the passenger’s seat of the suspect’s vehicle, and is charged with being an accessory to the attempted murder.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court