Video: Drunk driver nearly hits squad head-on
The cop was forced off the road to avoid the driver, who had a blood-alcohol level twice the legal limit
By PoliceOne Staff
DEFOREST, Wis. — An officer was nearly hit head-on by a drunk driver who swerved into the wrong lane on St. Patrick’s Day, forcing the cop off the road.
The officer pulled his car around and pulled the driver over, who had a blood-alcohol level of .19 – more than twice the legal limit — according to NBC 15.
The driver, 27, faces more than $1000 in fines, as it was his first offense with no prior driving record.
Extra officers were placed on duty Sunday night to combat drunk driving for the holiday, according to Lt. Daniel Furseth.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house