A year after near-fatal accident, trooper works to get life back
Tractor-trailer struck his patrol vehicle, causing it to catch fire, after swerving into the median
By J.J. Kindred
The Daily Times
MARYVILLE, Tenn. — Sgt. Lowell Russell of the Tennessee Highway Patrol never wanted to be anything else but a state trooper.
A little more than one year after almost losing his life, when a tractor-trailer struck his patrol vehicle and caused it to catch fire on westbound Interstate 40, Russell is still going through a lengthy rehabilitation process. That hasn’t caused him to question his career choices or stopped him from trying to live a quality life.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer