Philly officer struck by drunk driver
The officer was released from the hospital after suffering head pain, the suspect was arrested
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer stepping out of her patrol car early Sunday morning was hit by a drunk driver, police said.
A member of the traffic unit, the officer was at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and Large Street in Oxford Circle just before 1:30 a.m. when she was knocked to the ground by a motorist who hit the back of her car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer struck by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert