2 NJ cops hurt when cruiser is struck by drunk driver
Both officers were in their squad when the vehicle struck, causing extensive damage
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAMDEN, N.J. —Two New Jersey state troopers were taken to a hospital after an allegedly drunken driver struck their cruiser while they were at an accident scene on I-676 in Camden on Saturday morning.
The troopers, from the Belmar barracks, were investigating the accident about 3 a.m. and had stopped their car in the road when another car struck theirs from behind, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert