Shooting suspect holed up in Dallas house after police pursuit
A pregnant woman and an officer are reportedly wounded from a shootout
DALLAS — A man suspected of shooting a woman is holed up in a house in North Dallas after a frantic police car chase through a residential neighborhood.
Police Senior Cpl. Sherri Jeffrey says the woman was shot at a house in Hamilton Park Monday morning.
Jeffrey declined to provide details of the woman's condition or her relationship to the suspect. She said a nearby school was put on lockdown.
Television footage showed the man driving a silver car at high speed through a residential neighborhood. Bystanders scattered as the car flew past. It ground to an abrupt halt as it hit a curb, the bumper flying off. The driver took off on foot to a nearby house.
Police have surrounded the house and told TV news helicopters to leave the scene.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department