Would-be cop killer faces sentencing in Fla.
St. Cloud Detective Clinton Wise and Officer Spencer Endsley narrowly escaped death two years ago
ST. CLOUD, Fla. — A man who investigators say is responsible for attacks on law enforcement officers in Osceola County is set to be sentenced Thursday.
David Penney, 20, may be sentenced to eight years in prison as part of a plea deal.
Penney is accused of using two AK-47 rifles to shoot at two St. Cloud Police Department officers in November 2011.
One of the officers was hit in the foot.
Penney originally faced charges of attempted first-degree murder on a law enforcement officer. Those charges were dropped.
Reprinted with permission from WESH.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman