Video: 'Super drunk' principal slips out of cuffs in squad
She was arrested after several citizens found her swerving all over the road then pulling into her school's lot
By Kimberly Craig
NOVI, Mich. — She was suspended from her position as the principal of Novi's Deerfield Elementary School, and now Kim Warren, 44, has been charged under the city 'Super Drunk' ordinance.
Police video shows Warren sitting in the back seat of the scout car then slipping out of the handcuffs. She is then seen trying to hand the cuffs to the officer who tells her to hang on to them and not to throw them out of the window.
Novi Police say the results of two breathalyzer tests showed Warren registered .21 and then .20, more than twice the legal limit. The officer found an open bottle of vodka under Warren's feet when she was arrested in the parking lot of Deerfield Elementary just before 2:00 p.m. on April 8.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests