Ark. officer shot during robbery attempt
The male suspect who shot the officer also suffered injuries that were not life-threatening
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Little Rock Police say an off-duty officer has suffered injuries that are not life-threatening after being shot in the shoulder during a robbery attempt at an Arkansas restaurant.
Police tell Little Rock television station KATV that the officer was stationed at a Red Lobster when the shooting happened shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday. Chief Kenton Buckner says the officer interrupted a robbery and exchanged gunfire with three suspects.
Buckner says the officer has not been identified, pending notification of family members.
The male suspect who shot the officer also suffered injuries that were not life-threatening and was taken to a hospital. Two other male suspects fled the scene and remain at large.
No further details were immediately available. A message seeking additional information was left with police.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy