2 officers shot in Minneapolis, suspect dead
The officers were fired upon while clearing a house the suspect had run into
By PoliceOne Staff
MINNEAPOLIS — Two officers were shot while chasing a suspect on the city’s south side and returned fire, killing the suspect.
The suspect allegedly exited his vehicle and ran from officers before fleeing into a house nearby, according to CBS Minnesota. He fired upon the officers when they attempted to clear the home.
“Our neighbor…found a broken window in the basement,” said Elizabeth Thompson, a witness. “So the officers went to the basement, and I think they went in the house and searched the house…then, all of a sudden, everyone was shouting. They said, ‘Shots fired, shots fired. Officer down.’”
Both officers are reportedly in stable condition and suffered gun shot wounds in the lower extremities. They were taken to a nearby hospital.
As another squad responded to the shooting, it collided with a motorcycle, killing one of the bike's two passengers, according to the article.
No names have been released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house