Ex-cop who wanted 'suicide-by-cop' killed by police
It was the former cop's last stand after fleeing police on attempted murder charges
By Mari A. Schaefer
The Philadelphia Inquirer
UPPER DARBY, Pa. — When the SWAT team kicked in the door of Room 207 at the Summit Hill Inn in Upper Darby, Anthony Galla was crouched between a bed and a window holding a fully loaded Glock handgun.
He pointed his weapon toward the doorway; Officers fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help