Video: Officer hurt in rollover crash caused by sleeping driver
Officer Jason Starks was seriously injured when his cruiser was hit by a sleeping driver's car, officials say
Palm Beach Post
JUNIPER, Fla. — A Jupiter police officer was seriously injured early Sunday while on duty when the driver of a vehicle traveling alongside his patrol car on Interstate 95 fell asleep at the wheel, according to law enforcement officials.
Officer Jason C. Starks, 34, was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach after the crash, which happened just after 4:30 a.m. on northbound I-95 just north of the Military Trail entrance ramp in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Highway Patrol said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests