Video: Officer hurt in rollover crash caused by sleeping driver
Officer Jason Starks was seriously injured when his cruiser was hit by a sleeping driver's car, officials say
Palm Beach Post
JUNIPER, Fla. — A Jupiter police officer was seriously injured early Sunday while on duty when the driver of a vehicle traveling alongside his patrol car on Interstate 95 fell asleep at the wheel, according to law enforcement officials.
Officer Jason C. Starks, 34, was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach after the crash, which happened just after 4:30 a.m. on northbound I-95 just north of the Military Trail entrance ramp in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Highway Patrol said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy