Off-duty New Orleans cop killed in hit-and-run
Police are looking for a white Porsche Panamera with damage to the right front side
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW ORLEANS — A New Orleans police officer was killed by a weaving motorist while he checked on a driver who he had a minor collision with moments before.
Officer Rodney Thomas pulled over around 1 a.m. and walked over to a vehicle to check on the driver after the two had a minor car accident, when a white Porsche Panamera hit the officer and kept driving, according to WWL-TV.
Police are looking for a 2012 or 2013 white Panamera with extensive damage on the right, front side, with a missing front light kit and side view mirror.
Anyone who has seen this vehicle or who can provide information as to the driver's identity is asked to notify NOPD immediately or call CRIMESTOPPERS at 504-822-1111.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help