Video: Fleeing suspect fires at police
The suspect fled his vehicle, hopped a fence, and fired about 6 shots at the pursuing officer
By PoliceOne Staff
BEAUMONT, Texas — Dash cam footage shows an officer pursuing a truck down a dead-end road, prompting the suspect to flee the still-moving truck, hop over a nearby fence, and fire several rounds at the officer, who had exited his vehicle to pursue the man on foot.
Joseph Matthew Brooks Dudley, 19, was wanted for auto burglary, according to 12NewsNow.
Dudley drove over the curb once he reached a dead end and abandoned his truck, hopping over a fence and out of view of the cruiser’s dash cam.
Officer Michael Jones followed him, and ducked as Dudley fired about six shots, none of which hit the officer.
Dudley was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison for the November 2011 incident, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court