Miss. officer struck and killed on highway
Officer Bruce Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car
Duty Death: Bruce Jacobs - [Jackson, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
JACKSON, Miss. — Officer Bruce Jacobs was struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 55 at approximately 0130 hours Saturday, according to ODMP.
Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car when he was struck from behind.
Jacobs — who had served with the Jackson Police Department for five years — was transported to University of Mississippi Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert