Miss. officer struck and killed on highway
Officer Bruce Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car
Duty Death: Bruce Jacobs - [Jackson, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
JACKSON, Miss. — Officer Bruce Jacobs was struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 55 at approximately 0130 hours Saturday, according to ODMP.
Jacobs had just removed a barbeque grill that had fallen onto the highway and was attempting to place it in the trunk of his patrol car when he was struck from behind.
Jacobs — who had served with the Jackson Police Department for five years — was transported to University of Mississippi Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy