Video: Inmate attempts to steal cop's gun in court
The officer is being praised for her quick thinking and alertness which prevented a potential disaster
By Dan Sullivan
Tampa Bay Times
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — The deputy's superiors praise her alertness in the courtroom. The inmate now faces an additional charge.
Even before he tried to grab her gun, the deputy was wary of the young man sitting at the end of the inmate bench.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help