Fla. officer fatally shot responding to domestic disturbance
Cpl. Michael Wilson, 42, and the suspected gunman were both found dead by a SWAT unit
Duty Death: Michael Wilson - [Charlotte County, Florida]
End of Service: 08/05/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. — A Charlotte County officer was shot to death Monday night responding to a domestic disturbance at an apartment complex.
Sergeant Michael Wilson, 42, was killed at the Lakes of Tuscana Apartment Homes in Port Charlotte, according to the Herald Tribune.
When the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office SWAT Team entered the building after midnight, they found the suspected shooter dead. The gunman’s cause of death has not been released.
Wilson, a 20-year veteran of the department, was a father of three and a school resource officer, according to ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend