Ky. officer collapses, dies on duty
Chad Shaw, 47, was assisting at a school when he suddenly collapsed and died shortly after
Duty Death: Chad Shaw - [McCracken County, Kentucky]
End of Service: 08/06/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, Ky. — A sheriff's deputy who was assisting staff at a school as they prepared for the new school year died Tuesday shortly after collapsing.
Chad Shaw, 47, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to WPSD.
"Deputy Shaw will always be remembered for his love for his family, his love for helping others, and the thoroughness in the way he did his job as a public servant for the citizens that he served,” said Sheriff Jon Hayden. “We would ask that everyone pray for his wife Margaret, and their two daughters.”
The McCracken County Coroner’s Office is investigating the cause of his death, according to KFVS12.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help