2 Ariz. officers wounded in shooting
A suspect fired a sawed off shot gun, hitting both officers in the legs
By PoliceOne Staff
PHOENIX — Two Phoenix officers were wounded Tuesday night while pursuing suspects wanted in connection with a shooting.
Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump said the officers, who haven’t been identified, attempted a stop, which resulted in a pursuit.
Nazario B. Castillo, 27, hid under a truck parked in a carport and fired one shot from a sawed-off shotgun, striking both officers in the legs with birdshot pellets, according to AZ Family.
One of the officers returned fire using rubber bullets. Castillo and another man, Emmanuel L. Castillo, 25, were taken into custody.
After being treated and released from the hospital, Nazario Castillo was booked on seven counts of aggravated assault on a police officer and other felony charges.
There is no word on the condition of the woman who was wounded in the first shooting in Mesa on Tuesday evening. That investigation is ongoing, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend