2 Ariz. officers wounded in shooting
A suspect fired a sawed off shot gun, hitting both officers in the legs
By PoliceOne Staff
PHOENIX — Two Phoenix officers were wounded Tuesday night while pursuing suspects wanted in connection with a shooting.
Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump said the officers, who haven’t been identified, attempted a stop, which resulted in a pursuit.
Nazario B. Castillo, 27, hid under a truck parked in a carport and fired one shot from a sawed-off shotgun, striking both officers in the legs with birdshot pellets, according to AZ Family.
One of the officers returned fire using rubber bullets. Castillo and another man, Emmanuel L. Castillo, 25, were taken into custody.
After being treated and released from the hospital, Nazario Castillo was booked on seven counts of aggravated assault on a police officer and other felony charges.
There is no word on the condition of the woman who was wounded in the first shooting in Mesa on Tuesday evening. That investigation is ongoing, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform