Video: Driver comes within inches of slamming into cruiser
Massachusetts State Police are pursuing a summons to charge a driver who came inches from slamming a cruiser in a construction zone
By PoliceOne Staff
BOSTON — Massachusetts State Police are pursuing a summons to charge a driver with speeding and reckless driving after surveillance camera shows the motorist just barely missing a cruiser parked in front of a construction zone in the Tip O’Neill Tunnel.
The cruiser was parked in a work zone marked by lights and cones that closed the two left lanes off from traffic, according to police. The video shows the cruiser’s lights flashing, as well.
The motorist — who was not impaired, according to Boston Daily — managed to get on the other side of the cones, changed direction just before the car could hit the cruiser, and continued to swerve out of control down the tunnel.
Trooper Jay Clement, who was in his cruiser at the time of the near-crash, stopped the vehicle moments later.
"It's a perfect visual example on camera of how quickly those things can happen and why you should be paying attention and obeying the speed limit here in the tunnels or any construction zone for that matter," state police major Terry Hanson told WHDH
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court