Off-duty Texas officer killed in car crash
The officer died in a two-vehicle traffic accident while driving to work in an unmarked patrol car
DRIPPING SPRINGS, Texas — An off-duty Central Texas police officer has died in a two-vehicle traffic accident while driving to work in an unmarked patrol car.
Austin police did not immediately identify the officer who was dead at the scene Wednesday morning in Dripping Springs. Investigators are trying to determine what caused the accident during rainy conditions.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the wreck happened on U.S. 290. Sr. Trooper Harpin Meyer says the police cruiser apparently went out of control and was hit by a pickup truck.
Nobody else was hurt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend