Off-duty Texas officer killed in car crash
The officer died in a two-vehicle traffic accident while driving to work in an unmarked patrol car
DRIPPING SPRINGS, Texas — An off-duty Central Texas police officer has died in a two-vehicle traffic accident while driving to work in an unmarked patrol car.
Austin police did not immediately identify the officer who was dead at the scene Wednesday morning in Dripping Springs. Investigators are trying to determine what caused the accident during rainy conditions.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the wreck happened on U.S. 290. Sr. Trooper Harpin Meyer says the police cruiser apparently went out of control and was hit by a pickup truck.
Nobody else was hurt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests