Craigslist group paying people to provoke police
The group asks for a crew to shoot video while pushing police to violate civil rights
By Lauren Trager
ST. LOUIS, Miss. — Provoking police just to earn cold hard cash: that’s the idea behind a group advertising in St. Louis. But that cash could come out of the tax payer pocket.
In poorly written text, it asks for a crew to shoot video of undercover investigators pushing police to violate civil rights.
The ad promises pay of $50-60,000 all from the revenue of lawsuits.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer