Police: Suspect reached in cop's mouth, pulling on jaw
The officer suffered cuts inside his mouth that required stitches
By Bill Wichert
MANVILLE, N.J. — A Raritan Borough man has been accused of reaching into a police officer's mouth and pulling on the officer's jaw during the man's arrest Sunday in Manville, court documents state.
Kareem Boyd, 29, is facing resisting arrest and aggravated assault charges in connection with the incident at about 1:15 p.m. at a West Camplain Road residence, according to an affidavit filed on Monday in Superior Court in Somerville.
During the assault, Boyd “reached inside Patrolman Ryan Steier’s mouth and pulled on his jaw,” the affidavit states. Steier suffered cuts inside his mouth and had to receive stitches, according to the affidavit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house