Video: Suspect, Mich. trooper fall off overpass
Both men were injured after falling 25-30 feet off the highway overpass
By PoliceOne staff
SAGINAW TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A cruiser’s dash cam caught the moment a suspect fleeing police fell 25 to 30 feet off a highway overpass, with a pursuing trooper immediately following.
The trooper, who has not been identified, was trying to pull the suspect over for defective equipment, according to Michigan Live. The suspect refused to stop, sparking a pursuit that ended when stop sticks halted the vehicle.
The trooper can be seen running toward the man, who falls from the overpass, followed by the trooper.
Both man were injured and taken to the hospital, according to the report. The officer is on leave and recovering at home. Information about the suspect’s injuries was not available.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms