Texas officer shot in head during pursuit
Officer Robert Deckard, who has been with the department for seven years, is being treated at San Antonio Military Medical Center
By Drew Joseph
San Antonio Express News
SAN ANTONIO — A San Antonio police officer is in the intensive care unit after he was shot in the head during a police chase early Sunday morning.
Police Chief William McManus said Sunday afternoon that doctors were not optimistic that the officer, Robert Deckard, 31, would survive. The bullet was lodged in Deckard's brain, officials said.
“The prognosis has not gotten any better,” McManus said.
Two suspects are in custody.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber