Texas officer shot in head during pursuit
Officer Robert Deckard, who has been with the department for seven years, is being treated at San Antonio Military Medical Center
By Drew Joseph
San Antonio Express News
SAN ANTONIO — A San Antonio police officer is in the intensive care unit after he was shot in the head during a police chase early Sunday morning.
Police Chief William McManus said Sunday afternoon that doctors were not optimistic that the officer, Robert Deckard, 31, would survive. The bullet was lodged in Deckard's brain, officials said.
“The prognosis has not gotten any better,” McManus said.
Two suspects are in custody.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help