Texas officer struck by deputy during pursuit
Officer Donny Rocha Jr. was struck by the deputy's truck while engaged in a foot pursuit
By Anum Valliani
ODESSA, Texas — They say it all started with street racing, something residents on 8th Street and Overton are used to.
But a high speed car chase ending there on Saturday night proved dangerous for one officer and it wasn't because of the racers. Officer Donny Rocha Jr. was struck by a deputy's truck. One witness described what he saw leading up to that moment.
"They had been chasing him from 42nd Street. They had been racing and I guess he was trying to get away. [The police] had put spikes right down the street and they popped his tire," he said. The man did not want to disclose the driver's name.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police