Patrol car slams into pole, Mich. officers injured
A Mich. police officer’s pelvis was broken and her partner suffered a head wound
By Norb Franz
The Macomb Daily
WARREN, Mich. — A Warren police officer’s pelvis was broken and her partner suffered a head wound when the patrol car they were riding in struck a utility pole after sliding on ice Sunday.
Officer Kim Teolis was in the surgical intensive care unit at St. John Hospital in Detroit on Monday, awaiting further evaluation, Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said.
Teolis, a 13-year veteran of the Warren Police Department, was trapped in the Ford Crown Victoria police cruiser and extricated by Warren firefighters using the Jaws of Life tool.
Full Story: Police car slams pole, Warren officers injured
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform