Businesses band together to help injured Conn. officer
Officer Brett Morgan was investigating a possible stolen vehicle when he was struck by the car
By Jeevan Vittal
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — Businesses in New Britain are stepping up to help a police officer in recovery. They’re raising money to help out the family of officer Brett Morgan.
More than a week ago Officer Morgan was investigating a possible stolen vehicle. As Morgan approached, police say the car was driven into him, dragging him about 100 feet down the road. Jaheem Snype, 19, faces charges of attempted murder and other offenses in the case.
At the Leaves and Pages Coffee House, a collection is being taken up to help out the family, and for every beverage that was purchased Monday a dollar went to the Brett Morgan Benefit Fund.
Full Story: Local Businesses Step Up To Help Injured Officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter