Businesses band together to help injured Conn. officer
Officer Brett Morgan was investigating a possible stolen vehicle when he was struck by the car
By Jeevan Vittal
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — Businesses in New Britain are stepping up to help a police officer in recovery. They’re raising money to help out the family of officer Brett Morgan.
More than a week ago Officer Morgan was investigating a possible stolen vehicle. As Morgan approached, police say the car was driven into him, dragging him about 100 feet down the road. Jaheem Snype, 19, faces charges of attempted murder and other offenses in the case.
At the Leaves and Pages Coffee House, a collection is being taken up to help out the family, and for every beverage that was purchased Monday a dollar went to the Brett Morgan Benefit Fund.
Full Story: Local Businesses Step Up To Help Injured Officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform